9.19.2024

Performances in Fall 2024

Some upcoming gigs I’m really looking forward to, and an update I'm really excited about. October 18-20, I’ll be making two appearances at the inaugural Great Lakes Dungeon Siege. On October 18th, I’ll be playing as part of the live band for Cernunnos Woods, returning after the headlining appearance at Northeast Dungeon Siege earlier this year. On the 19th, I’ll be playing a solo set as Nahadoth. The whole event has an incredible lineup of some of the best Live Dungeon Synth acts from here and abroad. October 27 will be the live debut of the trio Carapace, which features Kelly Bray on Trumpet and Michael Larocca on percussion, alongside myself on piano. This improvising trio has recently recorded a second record, which features some of my compositions alongside some incredible improvisations. I’m always excited to work with these musicians, and for the rest of you to hear this trio as well. Then, on Sunday November 3rd, Dr. Caterwauls Cadre of Clairvoyant Claptrap’s will play at Small Batch Winery in North Branford, CT, on a bill with local Klezmer band Nu Haven Kapelye. Doors are at 4 PM, music at 5PM, and tickets are available in advance here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nu-haven-kapelye-dr-caterwauls-cadre-of-clairvoyant-claptraps-tickets-993717013337 Finally, December 12th, I’ll be playing with Michael Larocca as Hypostatic Soundblast Awakening, the synthesizer/drums duo with Michael Larocca. We recorded a phenomenal record recently and the concept of this project is growing more refined both musically and philosophically. The performance will be part of the New Haven Improvisers Collective Performance series, at Never Ending books in New Haven, CT. Starting at 7 PM. Finally, unrelated to performance, I’ve been working on some ‘live’ techno sets, using various synthesizers and sequencers, attempting to do some version of live Techno performances, ranging from 30 to 40 minutes in length. I’ve started uploading them to SoundCloud, if you’re interested to hear me try something very different than usual for me. Looking forward to seeing you at any one of these upcoming dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment